Search This Blog

Friday 16 October 2015

They call me "Red Pandanus Fruit", "Buah Merah", but I am Not the Only Buah Merah

They call me "Red Pandanus Fruit", "Buah Merah", but I am Not the Only Buah Merah. Tomatoe is buah buah, apple has buah merah, wild fruits in the jungle have many fruits in read colour, therefore, just labeling me as "red fruit" is disrespectful of what I can to to human life.

I am not "buah merah" (red fruit), but I am Red Pandanus Fruit, or Buah Pandan Merah, that is Tawy or Morita by the people in the Isle of New Guinea.

Calling me "buah merah" means to me that you do not respect what I can do to human life, and at the same time disregard and disrespect all other fruits in the world the are red in colour. How come you call me "the red fruit", but not the others in red colour as red fruit. Chilli Pepper is a fruit and red in colour, apple also has red-coloured fruit, tomatoe is also a fruit (also regarded vegetable, but it is a fruit) that is red in colour.

From now on, I want everybody who sells me, and who buys me, to call me "Buah Pandan Merah", or simply Tawy. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment