Search This Blog

Friday 16 October 2015

Pandanus conoideus Lam, Tawy of Papua is Not Buah Merah, but Buah Pandan Merah

"Pandanus conoideus Lam, Tawy of Papua is Not Buah Merah, but Buah Pandan Merah", says Jhon Yonathan Kwano repeatedly when talking about the identity of "Tawy" in Papuan culture. The "Tawy" is not separated, and cannot be separated from many Paupan tribes. Jhon says,

We have special Tawy Elders who take care of the Tawy as a fruit all the time. These tribal elders who are responsible for the Tawy is passed down along the blood line, not like "War Elder" or "Meeting Elder" that are passed down to anybody of the next generation whom the spirit has chosen. Why then the elder of Tawy is passed down along the blood line, not like the appointment of elders for other roles within the society in the highlands of New Guinea? 

This is interesting question and the answer is also interesting, but I myself am not allowed to talk about it right now. I myself am not the descendant of the Tawy elder, therefore, to open the secret is not me, and I cannot force anybody to speak about it.

Mr. Kwano says, "The only hope I have is that this secret but miraculous heavenly fruit will finally be able to cure so many modern deadly diseases that human being due to our own stupidity."

No comments:

Post a Comment