Search This Blog

Friday 16 October 2015

Denny Yomaki dan the Red Pandanus Fruit of Papua

Denny Yomaki is the First Person to Delcare that the Red Pandanus Fruit of Papua Has Something in It that is Useful for Human health.

I read his academic paper in early 1990s, says one of my colleagues. He explains enthusiastically that
Denny Yomaki himself was very optimistic and his face was full of energy, full of optimism. I was confused what he was talking about because at that time this fruit was regarded part of the dirt of all the highlanders of West Papua. This fruit was avoided by many students, because it causes everything, uniform, shoes and socks into red.
I did not accept what he was saying because he was just a student at the colleague, learning something new just like me. Public opinion was the this fruit was dirty. Nobody, including myself, was happy about the discovery. 
But only after I Made Budi publicized Denny Yomaki's discovery by claiming it as his own, that changed the view on the fruit. Before it was bad, but now it is a heavenly fruit.
The person who testified about Denny Yomaki is no longer alive. He told me this story almost ten years ago says Yames Kogoya, the person who is sitting and talking about the Red Pandanus Fruit at the front of the PAPUAmart.com minimarket at Jalan Raya Sentani, Hawai No. 05, Sentani, Jayapura, Papua.

By the way, PAPUAmart.com is the only 24-hour minimarket in the capital of Papua Province, and is also fully owned by Papuan local entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment